Colorado Springs Whiplash Injury Attorney
Car accidents in Colorado Springs are an unfortunate occurrence. Wintery weather conditions and twisting mountain roads can cause serious car accidents–even with today’s motor vehicle safety technology and the use of proper restraint belts. These accidents can lead to a variety of injuries—both minor and life-changing. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the number one injury reported from automobile accidents is whiplash.
If you are involved in a Colorado Springs car accident, it is important to recognize the symptoms associated with whiplash, so you can receive the medical treatment you need to fully recover. Even if you do not have immediate symptoms, it is still important to be evaluated by a medical professional since whiplash symptoms may take days and even weeks to become apparent.
Common Whiplash Symptoms:
- Neck pain
- Numbness, nausea, or vomiting
Statistics about Whiplash Injuries
The NHTSA has reported several facts and statistics on whiplash, including:
- It is the number one car accident injury.
- It occurs more often at low speeds.
- It affects women and children at a much greater rate than men.
- According to insurance claims, whiplash accounts for 70% of all bodily injury claims and 43% of all medical costs.
- The costs associated with whiplash injuries are over 8 billion dollars annually.
- Whiplash occurs in front, side and rear-end collisions but is most common in rear-end collisions.
- 30% of whiplash injuries turn into chronic, long-term medical problems.
While whiplash injuries may start out relatively minor, they can quickly turn into a chronic and debilitating injury that can affect nearly every aspect of your life. Victims of whiplash often find themselves facing years of medical treatment and physical therapy, which insurance companies are often reluctant to cover.
When this occurs you need an experienced and veteran Colorado Springs whiplash attorney on your side. A skilled Colorado Springs whiplash injury attorney at the Law Firm of Lee K. Rosenbaum will be able to effectively negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, so you can receive the compensation you need to recover from your whiplash injury—no matter how severe.
Contact a Colorado Springs Injury Lawyer
Before reaching an agreement with the insurance company, make sure you contact an attorney at the Law Firm of Lee K. Rosenbaum to review all of your legal options. Your Colorado Springs whiplash attorney will be able to maximize the financial compensation you receive, so you can focus on your recovery. Contact us today for a FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION.