Colorado Springs Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
While slip and fall accidents can occur almost anywhere, they usually result from slipping or tripping on a surface that is uneven, slippery, or wet. Every year, thousands of people are injured in slip and fall accidents in the United States. Colorado slip and fall injuries, also known as premises liability injuries, can vary in nature and severity. While some victims only suffer from minor injuries, requiring little or no medical treatment, other victims suffer from more serious injuries which can lead to lifelong pain and ongoing medical care. In the tragic event that a Colorado Springs slip and fall victim dies due to a property owner’s negligence, there may even be grounds for a wrongful death claim.’
Types of Colorado Springs Slip and Fall Injuries
Some Colorado Springs slip and fall accidents may only cause minor injuries such as bruises, scrapes, and broken bones. While these generally require minimal medical care and heal fairly quickly, if not treated properly, they can lead to chronic pain and discomfort. Other Colorado slip and fall accidents lead to more catastrophic personal injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and severe burns. Serious injuries like these can be painful– as well as expensive and time-consuming to treat. Sadly, some Colorado Springs victims even die as a result of their slip and fall injuries. When this happens, it may be considered a wrongful death and can be litigated as such.
Common Causes of Colorado Springs Premises Liability Accidents
Colorado premises liability accidents are not just limited to slip and fall accidents. In fact, there are many different causes, including:
- Slipping on slippery or slick surfaces such as ice or wet floors
- Tripping on uneven sidewalks, loose flooring, concealed holes in the ground, etc.
- Falling through unsafe surfaces such as old stairs or rotted floors
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals
- Fire or explosions caused by flammable materials, faulty wiring, etc.
- Swimming pool injuries including drowning, near-drowning, or diving injuries
- Animal bites or attacks
- Falling branches or trees
- Construction-related accidents such as falling objects, broken ladders, or hazardous materials.
- Equipment malfunctions in commercial facilities such as amusement parks
- Inadequate security in or around shopping malls, hotels, apartment buildings, etc.
- Hazards intentionally created by a landowner, such as those intended to stop trespassers
If you or a loved one has suffered from an injury on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation from the property owner for losses related to your injury. A qualified Colorado Springs slip and fall accident attorney may be able to help you receive financial compensation for your medical expenses, rehabilitation, pain, suffering, and lost wages.
Contact a Colorado Springs Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer
At the Law firm of Lee K. Rosenbaum, P.C., our Colorado Springs personal injury attorneys are dedicated to maximizing your case value after a devastating slip and fall accident. Contact us for a FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION and discover why so many Colorado Springs accident victims choose us to represent them after their slip and fall accidents.