We are constantly looking for ways to better serve our clients and prospective clients through technological advancements. We’re pleased to announce the launch of text messaging capability available on our website and our facebook page. You will soon be able to message us from our Google profile as well. Unlike some other firms with text windows that pop up on their websites or promises that their attorneys are available “24/7” when you live chat with Rosenbaum & Wootton, P.C., you are talking to an attorney, not to a call center employee in some foreign country.
It’s important to use text communication with a lawyer correctly: because of the nature of our work, not all communications should be sent via text. The lawyer must and client or prospective client should always be mindful of preserving client confidentiality. Here, we answer some Frequently Asked Questions about texting between a lawyer/law firm and a client/prospective client.
What is appropriate to communicate to a lawyer and/or law firm by text?
• Scheduling/confirming appointments
• General questions about the firm; e.g., do you handle Personal Injury cases?
• Requesting a consultation
• Suggesting a blog topic
What is not appropriate to communicate to a lawyer and/or law firm by text?
• Confidential and specific details about your legal case or question
• Spam or unsolicited advertisements
What are reasonable expectations about an Attorney responding to my text?
• Many legal questions and answers are complex and involve confidential information that may be more appropriate to discuss in a face to face or telephonic consultation. Don’t feel slighted if the responding attorney suggests an alternate means of communication to discuss your inquiry in greater detail
• We don’t want you to text and drive and we pledge never to text and drive either. If you don’t get an immediate response, the Attorney may be in open Court, driving, or some other place where it would be inappropriate to respond to a text, but rest assured, we will respond as soon as we can.
At the end of the day, technology serves us well when it gives us better and more convenient access to services and this is precisely why we have implemented the texting capability at our firm. We hope you will use this new feature to talk to the Attorneys at Rosenbaum & Wootton, P.C. so that we can better serve you, our friends and neighbors!