April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month
With distracted driving blamed for the rise in traffic fatalities across the nation and an alarming percentage (89%!) of Coloradans who admit to distracted driving, the month of April is when many local governments and organizations promote the mission to increase awareness about Distracted Driving.
While most of us associate distracted driving with texting or other cell phone use (which is extremely dangerous and all too common), distracted driving is more than this: distracted driving entails all things which might pull our attention away from the road. How many times have you been in your car and looked over to see another driver
- Turned around to look at or interact with children in the back seat?
- Talking on the phone?
- Applying make-up?
- Eating a messy burger?
- Looking at papers?
- Searching for something they dropped on the floorboard?
Chances are, you’ve seen ALL of these things happen on the road and you may have even been guilty of doing one or more of them yourself at some point.
Distracted driving is deadly and it is rampant. So what can you do to help?
- Download an app for your phone to block texting while driving
- Take a pledge to be an Attentive Driver
- Help spread awareness by sharing this post on your own social media page! #DistractedDrivingAwarenessMonth #JustDrive #ItCanWait
If you or a family member was hurt because someone else was driving while distracted in Colorado, call the Colorado Springs Injury Attorneys at Rosenbaum & Wootton, P.C. by calling 719.634.0102 or by clicking on this link to schedule your FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION.