Holiday Survival Tips for TBI Sufferers
The winter holidays should be a joyous time of year where we enjoy being with friends and family and take stock of our lives and our many blessings. As Personal Injury Attorneys, we represent clients who have suffered traumatic brain injuries (TBI) in accidents and we understand that the holidays can be especially difficult for these folks. Here are some tips for the holidays to ease the stress of this time of year on those who are living with TBI and their friends/family members.
- When arriving at holiday gatherings, find a quiet place to retreat if you begin to feel overwhelmed to give yourself a break.
- Avoid peak shopping days at brick and mortar stores to escape crowds or purchase gifts online.
- Wear brimmed caps and/or sunglasses to minimize glare of holiday light displays.
- Use soft, sound-dampening ear plugs in noisy environments.
- Take a supportive friend or family member to anxiety inducing events, like holiday parties.
- Plan your days in advance to the extent that you can and ask hosts ahead of time what they have on the agenda to avoid surprises.
- Ask for help if you need it!
- Give yourself permission to rest and regroup.
- Let hosts know you may depart early if you aren’t feeling well: this way, you need not try to explain yourself during heightened states of anxiety or illness.
- It’s OK to skip crowded events entirely if they make you uncomfortable.
Are you or a family member suffering from a TBI that was caused by the negligent act of another? If so, you may benefit from a complementary consultation with the Colorado Springs Injury Attorneys at Rosenbaum & Wootton, P.C.: call 719.634.0102 to schedule your free consultation with the Colorado Springs Injury Attorneys at Rosenbaum & Wootton, P.C. to learn more about TBI resources in our area, your legal rights, and avenues for recovery. You can also click on this link to schedule your FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION.
This entry was posted in Auto Accident
, Bicycle Accident
, Brain Injury
, Car Accident
, Colorado Springs
, Motor Vehicle Accident
, Motorcycle Accident
, Pedestrian Accident
, Personal Injury
, PRACTICE AREAS
. Bookmark the permalink