School Bus Safety Rules for Students
There are 14 school districts in and around Colorado Springs, many of which began the 2017/2018 school year in the last week. D-20 went back on Monday, August 14th, while D-11 and D-12 went back to school on Thursday, August 17th. This month we’ll be reminding you of school bus and school zone safety rules to follow to help keep our Colorado Springs kids safe.
School Bus Safety Rules For Students
Around the School Bus
- Get to the bus stop before pick-up time
- Stand on the curb and away from the street as the bus approaches
- Wait for the driver to signal that it is safe to load the bus
- When crossing the street in front of the bus, stay 10 feet in front of the bus and make sure the driver sees you before crossing (by making eye contact)
- When walking beside the bus, give plenty of clearance and stay on a curb, where possible
- If you drop something under the bus, DO NOT try to retrieve it. Tell the driver and get help.
On the School Bus
- Stay seated on a moving bus
- Do not distract the driver
- Face forward
- Keep arms, legs, and head inside the bus
- Keep aisles clear
- Use your indoor voice
- Follow the bus driver’s directions
If you are injured in a school bus accident, get medical attention promptly. If the accident was not your fault, contact the Colorado Springs Injury Attorneys at Rosenbaum & Wootton, P.C. to schedule your free consultation so we can help you recover for your injury claim from the responsible parties by calling 719.634.0102 or by clicking on this link to schedule your FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION.